The Mudramax is having a dedicated Data Center and all the servers are on premises. The servers include the mix of Application and Database servers to maintain the data, which comprises of applications, creative & digital images, the dynamic data pertaining to the case studies and event management reports to maintain the compete track of their clients. Although Mudramax had sufficient resources to manage with their existing IT needs, but the zeal towards fully digitization where it could address the challenges faced such as availability, scalability of their application servers and databases, across the Globe for rolling their marketing surveys, event management case studies and dynamic data related to the conferences conducted in lieu of any new product launch or outdoor event management encouraged Mudramax to move on cloud services in phased manner.
Why AWS Architecture
They started their digital drive by developing & hosting their CRM application servers on cloud services. While Mudramax liked the elasticity of the cloud, it had some issues of auto-scaling with its previous cloud provider. After an in-depth analysis and understanding of the services offered by CSP, Mudramax was encouraged to move on AWS which could address their customized applications and surveys needs for the end user’s reachability, research forum, the digitized publication activities and the updation of the dynamic and ever-growing data on AWS resources with an ease and that too without any compromise to the services offered and the ever growing list of services offered by AWS which shall maintain the Mudramax’s data in scalable and secured manner and off course in cost optimized manner.
The Mudramax Group repository is a cloud-native solution, with the front-end web app separated from the backend API. It runs as immutable infrastructure in a fully automated environment, with all infrastructure defined in code to support for building and managing online surveys and databases.
To meet the Mudramax challenges the following AWS services were used.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), which provides scalable computing capacity in the AmazonWeb Services (AWS) Cloud. Using Amazon EC2 eliminates your need to invest in hardware up front, so you can develop and deploy applications faster. You can use Amazon EC2 to launch as many or as few virtual servers as you need, configure security and networking, and manage storage. Mudramax uses this service to host its application servers.
- Amazon Route 53 (Route 53) is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service. Amazon Route 53 effectively connects user requests to infrastructure running in AWS – such as Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, or Amazon S3 buckets – and can also be used to route users to infrastructure outside of AWS. You can use Amazon Route 53 to configure DNS health checks, then continuously monitor your applications’ ability to recover from failures and control application recovery with Route 53 Application Recovery Controller. Mudramax uses this service for DNS and monitoring the applications.
- AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) offers a range of storage classes for the objects that you store. You choose a class depending on your use case scenario and performance access requirements. All these storage classes offer high durability. Mudramax uses this service to store its dynamic & critical data pertaining to the even management & market research case studies. S3 has been configured for the data backup & restoration process by implementing the AWS best recommended practices such as IAM roles & least privilege deployment, bucket versioning, Encryption, S3 Optimization - Tagging, Metrics & Performance Monitoring, Multivolume Backups, Database Replica Backups with proper versioning and defined retention period.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) provides block level storage volumes for use with EC2 instances. EBS volumes behave like raw, unformatted block devices. You can mount these volumes as devices on your instances. EBS volumes that are attached to an instance are exposed as storage volumes that persist independently from the life of the instance. You can create a file system on top of these volumes or use them in any way you would use a block device (such as a hard drive). You can dynamically change the configuration of a volume attached to an instance. Mudramax uses this service to mount storage volume with EC2 instance.
- Amazon Cloud Trail (Cloud Trail) is an AWS service that helps you enable governance, compliance, and operational and risk auditing of your AWS account. Actions taken by a user, role, or an AWS service are recorded as events in CloudTrail. Events include actions taken in the AWS Management Console, AWS Command Line Interface, and AWS SDKs and APIs. Mudramax uses this service for the governance & compliance and auditing concerns.
- AWS key Management Service (KMS) is an encryption and key management service scaled for the cloud. AWS KMS keys and functionality are used by other AWS services, and you can use them to protect data in your own applications that use AWS. Mudramax uses this service for managing the keys pertaining to AWS services.
- Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), which is a used as powerful, affordable, and highly scalable email sending and receiving platform for surveyor and the respondent that integrates seamlessly with applications and with other AWS products. Mudramax uses this service to support several emails uses cases including transactional, operational, survey & marketing or mass email communications.
A CRM Application Server(s) with its applications & dynamic data for the future. Through its use of AWS, with support of the AWS Services Partner, Unicloud Labs Pvt Ltd, Mudramax is making its vast wealth of product’s, events & surveys responses, pictures, videos, audio files & case studies —easily discoverable in one centralized location, delivering these benefits:
Easy Access to the products responses. The CRM application automatically optimizes the user experience for each user’s case.
• Built-in Scalability. All components of the Mudramax CRM are built to scale on demand, as needed to handle usage spikes. “On-demand scalability will be invaluable for events such as the need for events management, new product launch, market research. Mudramax has really benefitted not only on operational but also on the financial ends during Corona Virus pandemic.
• Good Use of company’s capital. By building CRM application in the cloud, Mudramax avoided the costs associated with deploying and maintaining server and storage hardware in-house. Instead, the agency can simply pay for the AWS resources it uses at any given time.
While Mudramax’ s new CRM application delivers a wealth of new convenience and capabilities, for their end users and keeps on expanding with exceptional results. “