AWS CloudFront is a globally-distributed network offered by Amazon Web Services,
which securely transfers content such as software, SDKs, videos, etc., to the clients, with high transfer speed.
- It will cache your content in edge locations and decrease the workload, thus resulting in high availability of applications.
- It is simple to use and ensures productivity enhancement.
- It provides high security with the ‘Content Privacy’ feature.
- It facilitates GEO targeting service for content delivery to specific end-users.
- It uses HTTP or HTTPS protocols for quick delivery of content.
- It is less expensive, as it only charges for the data transfer.
CloudFront is a CDN (Content Delivery Network). It retrieves data from Amazon S3 bucket and distributes it to multiple datacenter locations.
It delivers the data through a network of data centers called edge locations. The nearest edge location is routed when the user requests for data, resulting in lowest latency,
low network traffic, fast access to data, etc.